At the Victoria Concert Hall.
Thursday, 25th June 2009
- Partita No. 1 in B-flat major, BWV. 825
- Polonaise No. 1 in C-sharp minor, Op. 26
- Polonaise No. 2 in E-flat minor, Op. 26
- Ballade No. 3 in A-flat major, Op. 47
- Pictures at an Exhibition
Didn’t care for his Bach Partita nor the two Chopin Polonaises. He got going with the Chopin Ballade, and fired up more with Pictures. I like his tone — rounded and robust. Reminds me of Claudio Arrau, but with less articulation.
Feltsman played two encores. I didn’t recognize the first one (which isn’t surprising given my rather meagre knowledge of repertoire). The second encore was Chopin’s Waltz in C-sharp minor, Op. 64, No. 2.